Hi Blogosphere, this is CoolDestiny checking in with you today with this interesting email that fell into my mailbox. Now … how smart are you bloggers????? Don’t cheat!
See if you can figure out which common saying or expression each of the phrases below refers to. So that you know what to do, I’ll give you the answer to number 1: “twinkle, twinke, little star.” The rest of the answers are below.
1. Scintiliate. Scintiliate. Asteroid minific.
2. Members of an avian species of identical plumage congregate.
3. Surveillance should precede saltation.
4. Pulchritude possesses solely cutaneous profundity.
5. It is fruitless to become lachrymose over precipitiously departed lacteal fluid.
6. Freedom from incrustations of grime is contiguous to rectitude.
7. The stylus more potent than the claymore.
8. It is fruitless to attempt to indoctrinate a superannuated canine with innovative maneuvers.
9. Eschew the implement of correction and vitiate the scion.
10. The temperature of the aqueous content of an unremittingly ogled saucepan does not reach 212 degrees farenheit.
11. All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous.
12. Where there are visible vapors having their prevalence in ignited carbonaceous material there is conflagration.
13. Sorting on the part of mendicants must be interdicted.
14. A plethora of individuals with expertise in culinary techniques vitiate the potable concoction produced by steeping certain comestibles.
15. Eleemosynary deeds have their incipience intramurally.
16. Male cadavers are incapable of yielding any testimony.
17. Individuals who make their abode in vitreous edifices would be advised to refrain from catapulting petrous projectiles.
18. Neophyte’s serendipity.
19. Exclusive dedication to necessitious chores without interlude of hedonistic diversion renders John a hebetudinous fellow.
20. A revolving lithic conglomerate accumulates no congeries of small green bryophytic plants.
21. The person presenting the ultimate cachination posesses thereby the optimal cachination.
22. Abstention from any aleatory undertakings precludes a potential escalation of lucrative nature.
23. Missiles of ligneous or petrous consistency have the potential of fracturing my osseous structures, but appellations will eternally remain innocous.
24. Persons of imbecile mentality precipitate in parameters which cherubic entities approach with trepidation.
And … The Answers are:
1. Twinke, twinkle, little star.
2. Birds of a feather flock together.
3. Look before you leap.
4. Beauty if only skin deep.
5. Dont cry over spilled milk.
6. Cleanliness is next to godliness
7. The pen is mightier than the sword
8. You can teach an old dog new tricks.
9. Spare the rod and spoil the child.
10. A watched pot never boils.
11. All that glitters is not gold.
12. Where theres smoke theres fire
13. Beggers cant be choosers
14. Too many cooks spoil the broth
15. Good deeds begin at home.
16. Dead man tell no tales.
17. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
18. Beginner’s luck
19. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
20. A rolling stone gathers no moss
21. He who laughs last laughs best
22. Nothing ventured nothing gained
23. Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.
24. Fools rush in where angels fear to tread