OK, Island Spice has tagged me so here’s my meme on my “sellll offff” funeral.
Five Songs I want played at my funeral.
1. For my family and friends at the recessional: Africa by Toto. This song is a song that touched me a long time ago when I first heard it and I want everyone to know.
2. For the significant other. This song I had to choose carefully. I found a wonderful man and as unreal as it may sound, I hope we die together. Reason For Breathing by Babyface. This was our 1st song.
3. For my country: No song for my country. I didn’t contribute much to it so I’ll pass on a song for them. On 2nd thought … I choose Welcome to Jamrock by Junior Gong. Jamaica is the most wonderful place in the world and I’m glad I am a Jamaican no matter what all the bad mind people have to say.
4. For my fellow masqueraders at the next Carnival: I’m not into Carnival nor parties. However, my love for the oldies dictate that for all my peeps enjoy one of my favourite songs from the 70s: Funky Town by Lipps Inc. I can just see everyone jamming to this groove …. sweeeeeetttttt … yeahhhhh babeeeee!!
5. For everyone: I will have to say Don’t Cry For Me Argentina by Madonna. My funeral would not be complete without a Madonna song as she is my favourite singer. She is one of the greatest singers of all time.
A few notables:
1. Music. Everyone knows that I’m a music person, an influence from my father at a very early age. So, any music at my funeral must be lively, cheerful. I absolutely DO NOT want
“How Great Thou Art”
2. Happiness. – No black is to be worn at my funeral. As purple is my favourite colour, it is the only funeral garb that will be acceptable at my funeral. I would also like that for souvenirs, key-rings and bookmarks with my most cheerful picture displayed on them be distributed. I am a happy person who lives a happy life, takes joy in making other people happy and that is how I would like to be remembered. Sure, some people will remember me for the bitch I can be, but they would have deserved it and for the most part, most people will have fond memories of me. “To Know Me Is To Love Me” … remember?
3. Food. – BBQ Chicken Wings is a must at my funeral. Whether it be main course or cocktails. S&S Chicken, curry goat, ox tail, gongo rice & peas, festival, escoveitch fish complete with pepper and onion sauce, potato salad made by my BF’s mother (she does it best), manish water (very peppery please), cookies & cream ice-cream and cheese-cake topped with strawberries or blueberries.
4. Cocktails.: Stamp & Go, meatballs, samosas, breaded fish fingers
5. Kindness: Floral tributes should be orchids and yellow daisies only. I would also like an offering to be collected and donated to a needy school.