No, this post is not about one of my favourite candies, it’s not about the year 3000 and it’s worse not about the letter M.
MMM is my abbreviation for MARRIED MEN MAGNETS. This is the term I have coined for all women who are involved with married men. Now, before I continue this post is in no way biased to married men as it is well known that married women also engage in extra-marital affairs. I’m writing about this one now because it is more relevant to me at this point in time and I have never encountered a married woman who is cheating on her husband.
I have very very few female friends. Of the very few I have, 95% of them are involved with married men. When I ask them why they would:
1. Be in a relationship with someone that wasn’t 100% theirs
2. Put themself through the pain of knowing that he is married and sleeping in the same bed with his wife, while telling you how much he loves you and wishes he could stay with you in your bed.
3. Be with someone they knew there were playing #2 (or #3, or #4, etc.)
The answers were many and varied.
a) not looking for a committment right now
b) he is minding (taking care of) me and my child/children
c) he fucks me good
d) he doesn’t really love his wife and is going to leave her
e) he makes me feel special
Having been a victim of the married man syndrome once in my life, I can speak with some knowledge on the subject. When they make these silly utterances about why they were with him, I hasten to tell them that they are making the biggest mistake of their lives for the following reasons:
1. No matter what he tells you, he ain’t leaving his wife for you – not saying it is impossible but in most cases, they don’t.
2. If he cheated with you, he will cheat on you. How can women be so stupid to think that they are the only one on the side? The dog of a man will cheat with you and any other passing catty he thinks is hot or will give him some front. Don’t think that you’re special. Chances are you’re not as special as you think or how he makes you out to be.
3. If he’s good in bed, there are probably 10 other men – SINGLE – who will give you a fuck just as good or even better than his.
4. Is all the $$$ he’s giving you worth knowing that he is with someone else? We all know money is the means to and end and also the root of all evil, so most people would stay in any relationship just for the money.
My married man relationship wasn’t bad. It lasted for a year and I was only about 21 years old and he was 33. I never for a minute fooled myself into thinking that there was a future. It worked for me at the time. He was very interesting, intelligent, we had some great stimulating conversations, some great sex, some nice nights out, I got some $$$ out of it as well. Then … the emotions came in. After talking to someone, spending time with them, sharing intimate moments of intercourse with them, it is only a matter of time before you start falling in love with them without even realizing it. You find yourself thinking about them all the time, calling them every second, wishing that you could spend more time with them, wishing he could spend the night or vice versa. And then you realize – YOU WANT MORE than the relation is capable of giving you. That’s what happened to me and I walked away before it was too late. Not many women have the strength to do that but I’m glad I did. Getting involved with a married man is a big risk, one I’m not prepared to take again, and I hope no one I know and love with drive down that road.